Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jury Duty

I have jury duty tomorrow. This is very awkward for us because Mr. K needs to get the kids off to school, take K to preschool, and pick her up about five hours later. One of his employees quit last fall, and the guy who replaced him quit after only a month at the end of December. Another guy just took a 10-day vacation in Australia, so all he has left working in the field this week is himself and one other technician. I am hoping this will be the only time I get called in. I think I have three more Thursdays after this that I could potentially have to go in for jury duty.

4 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I hope jury duty is over quickly for you. Have fun!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Thanks, Andrea.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Sars said...

How did it go? I've always wanted to do jury duty but i can imagine what a pain it is for you having to organise the family etc.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I didn't get on a trial. There were 18 of us, and 13 were quizzed by the lawyer. I wasn't one of them. After the questions, the lawyers removed six of the thirteen (three per lawyer). Then all of us not chosen (the five in the audience of which I was one and the six the lawyers removed) were free to go home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home