Friday, January 14, 2011

Time Flies

My class has started, and it's started rapidly. It looks like I won't have to write any papers this term (different professor), but I have to take a few exams on campus, and not just the final like I did with last term's professor. Also, this professor requires mini-research questions each week (and many, many other things).

N, J, and K were home Tuesday from school because of the snowy/icy/sleety weather. N and J started school Wednesday two hours late, which meant K's preschool was canceled. Studying was difficult with kid(s) home for ten hours I should have had to myself. K wouldn't have gone to preschool Wednesday in any event, because she was throwing up in the night Tuesday night/Wednesday early morning. She seems much better now, but she doesn't have her full appetite back yet. So far no one else has her bug.

N and J are going to be home Monday because of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday. K would have been home anyway. I may be able to pay N or J for a little while to keep K entertained so I can work on my class stuff. That's what I had to resort to on Tuesday, but they kept bothering me anyway, just not so much. Actually, Tuesday, I had to pay N for an hour to keep both J and K entertained for an hour so I could read my textbook. I tried to get off with just paying him to play with K, but then J wouldn't leave me alone because she was bored.

I guess it's time to start figuring out what seeds I want to order for my garden this summer. Probably in another month I'll need to start some of the earlier stuff in the house. It's hard to believe because it's so cold now. Usually my stuff barely grows at all in my house because I don't really have anywhere warm and sunny to put the plants. This year I might try a little heating pad for a while just to warm up the soil a bit. I'm not sure what to do about sunshine, though.

I was at the grocery salvage store this morning. I got two small pieces of slightly limp broccoli (which I revived in ice water), an orange bell pepper and a yellow bell pepper, two small zucchinis, and five oranges for $4.13. I'll have to evaluate the quality of the produce when I go to eat it. I don't have high hopes for the oranges, but they were five for $1. I can spend a lot more than that from the regular grocery store, and the quality of the oranges is still hit-and-miss.

I need to go take K to speech and N and J's school in a few minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home