Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Mostly the weather

We're expecting a lot of rain to come through tonight and tomorrow, I think. We are very lucky. To the north of us, and across a couple thousand miles of this country, the storm will hit as snow. It's supposed to be a huge snow storm. My dad is expecting ten to fifteen inches of snow. I am so relieved it will be rain for us.

My class keeps me busy, but so far this professor seems to be a bit easier than last terms (no papers have to be written). I don't know, though, how hard her tests will be.

Next week I have to turn in my application for nursing school. I find out in April if I am accepted.

Thursday I am meeting my friend for lunch. I haven't seen her in weeks, and she called today to see if I had any time available. I can't even remember what's been filling up my time, but I know I've been busy.

I see a nasty hurricane is going to hit Australia (Tropical Cyclone Yasi). I hope it isn't as bad as it looks. I've looked at population maps of Australia, and I see that it is going to hit near populated areas.

My Lenten roses haven't even begun to bloom. The stems that will have buds are still little bumps just emerging from the ground. Some years my Lenten rose is in bloom by now and I have crocuses blooming. I do see daffodils just starting to come out of the ground. Some years they are in bud by now. Last year everything was slow to bloom because it was under so much snow. This year we don't have snow, but there have been very few warm days to move things along. Tomorrow will be one of them. Our high will be in the 60s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home