Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Fat Tuesday

I guess it's Fat Tuesday. We are supposed to go to church for an all-you-can-eat pancake and sausage dinner that is a fundraiser for the Knights of Columbus. Mr. K decided this on Sunday. The question is, will he remember it when he gets home from work. I am assuming so and have not started dinner. If he's changed his mind, we'll have something easy like kielbasa and macaroni and cheese.

Tomorrow has to be a vegetarian dinner, although according to my mother-in-law's priest, chicken broth is okay as long as I don't use the meat. I think Mr. K isn't supposed to eat much food, either, but I think he ignores that (I think it's a day of fasting). I just ignore the whole thing except I make a point of not serving meat for dinner. I'll probably have some for lunch, though, since Mr. K doesn't eat lunch with me. Dinner will also have to be easy or in the crock-pot because the kids have martial arts lessons at school after school so I'll need to pick them up just before 5 p.m., which massively messes up my producing dinner. Maybe I'll do shrimp. If I have it thawed and shelled earlier, and if I get a big pot of water to boiling just before I leave so the water is very hot when I get home, I can probably put together something pretty fast with shrimp and pasta. Tuna noodle casserole is pretty quick, too. Ick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home