Monday, November 14, 2011

Paper

I spent almost the entire weekend working on a paper for my class due on Thursday. It's still not done. It has no cover page, the font is wrong, the headers aren't there, and it has not been proof read. Other than that, I have a draft of it, which was my goal when I started. The style of paper is very different than what I've done before, and I began going about it all wrong. I guess you could say it is less formal than I am used to. We had two examples to look at that were "perfect" papers. I found punctuation and grammar errors in them, but then I am very picky. Instead of researching journals to pull out data to support my topic, I was to find three journal articles about my given evidenced-based topic, summarize them, and critique the author, source, and articles. We use the word "I" in these papers. Never could I imagine doing such a thing in a formal paper. I am glad I only have to do one of these papers, but I imagine I could do better after I got the results of this paper. Then I could see where I went wrong and to figure out how to improve it.

Also on Thursday, when we turn in the papers, we have to do a three-to-five minute presentation on the papers with a visual aid. To me, this is where I would have expected the word "I."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home