Back at Starbucks
It's Saturday and not too late, so I had coffee. The kids kept interrupting my reading so I decided to come here so I could get my material read without interruption. It worked, and I got through the Powerpoint slides. I don't have my written bits done, but I think I'll do that later in the day after I go grocery shopping.
Mr, K is in the back yard, smoking a picnic in the smoker he made a couple of his old beehive boxes (he's given up beekeeping). Pretty much this means he spends the day in the yard with a fire, monitoring the temperature of his smoker by adding coals to it, opening the door, and spraying the coals with water to cool them if things get too hot.
Wednesday, I did something I thought I'd never do, and I'd do it again. After clinical, which I got home from just before 4 p.m., I went to Little Caesar's and got a couple Hot and Ready (or something like that) pepperoni pizzas and some bread sticks for dinner. Normally I do not like their pizza, but it was okay, probably because I was so hungry. On Wednesdays, we need to be done eating by 5:05 p.m. because J has riding lessons. It was very easy. I just went in and bought them; there was no waiting. Also I see they have a drive-thru.
Friday I actually made dinner. I had cooked brown rice in the evening Thursday after clinical and put it in the fridge because on uses cold rice for fried rice. It is Lent so the meal had to be meatless for Keith. I found a recipe for fried rice in a magazine I wanted to try, and I bought frozen vegetable egg rolls to go with it. It came out really well, and although the kids wouldn't eat it, Mr. K wanted to be sure all they left on their plates was saved so he could have it today. I thought it was very good, too, and I had some for breakfast.
I guess I should go and get my grocery shopping done.

2 Comments:
There's no Starbucks in my neck of the woods so I've never had one :-) Glad you enjoyed some peace and quiet to study.
One of our friends has a smoker, he also enjoys 'playing' with it :-) The meat is beautiful.
Needs must when the devil drives :-) You do what you have to do. We have a couple of nights a week where it's in the door, then out the door. There's no fast food outlets here but there is a pizza place and a burger joint. Handy but expensive compared to places like Dominos and Maccas.
LOL about the fried rice for breakfast. MrG always keeps a couple of slices of pizza, when we've had it, for breakfast the next day. He has it cold!
I'm pleased to read that things are going well for you. Not long now until you graduate.... yeah.
Take care
Brilly
It's just as well to have no Starbucks. I'd rather live in an area with a small-town feel. Studying might be harder, but there would be other benefits.
I hope to graduate in May.
Angela
Post a Comment
<< Home