Sunday, October 24, 2004

Dinner's in the oven

I have a moment to write, but I also have a roast in the oven. I'll need to work on side dishes to go with it soon. I picked up some French bread yesterday, so I'm set for a starch item.

J's asleep so it won't be much of a Sunday dinner, and N hates meat. Hopefully that will change soon.

We grocery shopped last night and today. This afternoon was Kroger. N talked his dad into buying him a little bag of popcorn. Boyscouts were selling it outside the store. It got N upset when we wouldn't buy any. He's only been old enough to eat popcorn for half a year.

Most of our shopping we did last night at a store that doesn't have any Sunday hours. I got a $17 roast. We're eating part of that roast this evening. I froze two other parts of it. I forgot to buy a lime for the roast's marinade, so I had to make a quick run to yet another supermarket this morning after church.

It's been cold (50s F) and misty all day. Our leaves are starting to turn colors, but we aren't at the peak yet. Maybe in a week or so we'll be there.

Time to go see about the "gravy" and other side dishes.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home