Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Rain

It's been raining off and on all day for about five days. Until yesterday, the accumulation had been very little. Yesterday we had a big thunderstorm go through here with a lot of flooding. K said his rain gauge indicated we got about 5 inches of rain yesterday. The drainage ditch that runs across our back yard became a river. The creek down the road from us went over the road and a lot of cars turned around in our driveway because they couldn't get through the road.

Over night the "river" in our yard has mostly receded to the "banks" of the drainage ditch. It's just a "creek." N and J are asking to play in it so later this morning I'll take them out in to wade in it, although I think the water is nasty. I remember how much I used to love playing in the water running along the curbs whenever it rained when I was growing up. Nasty!

I can hear the sump pump removing water from the sump in our basement. I expect that will be running for a few days. Before these rainy days began, I was getting ready to water my garden with a sprinkler. Now that's unnecessary.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home