Rain
It was raining some more today. I had N and J out playing in our "creek." Really it's a stormwaterk drainage ditch. Since there was no thunder and lightning, I just let them stay out in the rain. They were already soaked.
The first big storm (five inches in a day) drained of quickly. Now the water isn't draining well. We have lots of pools around the yard. I don't know if we'll get any moisture from Hurricane Alex, but if we do, I think it's just going to pool in the yard.
N got stung by a bumble bee yesterday while we were out cutting flowers for a bouquet. He's fine now, but he screamed for ten or so minutes. He calmed down when I put some Lanacane on the sting and had him rest in bed with his stuffed bunny and pillow (Hoppy and Pillow). Fortunately it wasn't one of our honeybees that got him.
So far my melon hasn't rotted from all this rain, but the ground beneath it is remaining pretty damp so I am getting worried. I'm also worried that the pumpkins will rot. Right now they are mostly orange and beautiful.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home