More rain
Today we are getting the remnants of what had once been Hurricane Frances. So far it's nothing compared to what the remnants of Tropical Storm Gaston dumped on Monday of last week. I think we'll squeak by okay. Now we have to keep an eye on Hurricane Ivan and hope it doesn't come here.
I'm running out of things to do with N and J. We're getting tired of all the rainy days we're cooped up in the house. It's better than having fires from drought like in California, though. Anyway, N starts preschool next week so then we'll have a lot more to do. J and I will go shopping and to storytimes and things while he's at preschool. Once I tried taking both N and J to a storytime this summer. N yelled at and pushed a little boy half his age for messing with what N was building with foam blocks. We haven't gone back since.
I need to figure out which Trixie Belden book I should be reading for the book discussion. I think that's September 15. I've missed so many now I don't even know what book we are on. I think it's 15 or 16. I just checked. It must be Book 16. I wouldn't say that book is one of my favorites, but it's not too bad.
N wanted a Kids' Cuisine. I'm making him a corn dog one in the microwave. Personally, I think they are disgusting, but both kids think they're great. What N really wants is a popsicle, but I won't let him have one until he eats lunch.
My washer just beeped that it is done with the load. J is unloading it into the dryer for me. Hopefully she'll know to take out the bras, but perhaps at age two, that won't enter her mind. Ah, good, she is separating out the bras. What a sweety. She loves to "help.'

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home