Maybe more rain
It's looking like it will rain again. We still have puddles around the yard from the last rain. We could use a couple more days to dry out.
K got a solar beeswax melter in the mail last night. It arrived unassembled. Nothing in the catalogue indicated that it would need assembly. He and N put it together and painted it. I think this weekend he'll start melting wax if it doesn't rain.
Last night we discussed what kind of candle molds we'd like. After looking through catalogues, we decided upon a set of four identical votives that looked like "traditional" bee hives and one of a little raccoon. I wanted the beehives and K wanted the little raccoon. We'll also need a can of mold release agent. I don't know when K will order them or when they'll arrive, but I imagine we'll try making beeswax candles as soon as they get here.
My friend K just got a house. She lives half way across the country so I won't see it for years probably. It's her first house and she and her husband are starting to fix it up to get it ready for them to move in later this month.
My neighbor is still working on fixing up her house enough to move in. She had been hoping to move in this month, but it took her so long to put up her shed that I think she's now behind her anticipated schedule and won't be able to move in until next month. In any event, it's nice to have the house belong to an owner who will take care of it instead of a renter who has nothing to gain by fixing the place at her own expense.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home