Monday, March 14, 2005

Long time no write

It's been well over a month since last I wrote. It's often difficult to have discipline with this since no one reads it anyway. Also, I've been sick most of the time between Valentine's Day and last week. Finally I got antibiotics and am doing well.

K's out bringing in the eggs and locking up the chickens. We've given away four dozen eggs in the past three days. Friday I took a couple dozen to a friend's house. Yesterday I gave two dozen to Mr. T next door.

We had pressed sandwiches today. My waffle iron has sandwich inserts. The only thing wrong with making pressed sandwiches is that I can only cook one at a time so we really didn't eat together. The sandwiches were very good, though. I pretended they were from Denny's. I guess that says quite a bit about what I'm willing to eat.

We only got three eggs today. Some days we've been getting as many as six (the number of hens we have). I wonder if one of the hens hasn't hidden a nest in the yard.

It's been nice and sunny and looks like it should be pleasant outdoors, but really it's still too cold to hang out in the yard. Maybe next week it will warm up.

I ordered a cake at the supermarket for N's birthday next week.

I got a haircut this weekend. I got a lot of hair cut. It's now shoulder-lenght, and except for the stray grays, it probably looks like Honey Wheeler's hair in the Trixie Belden books.

That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home