A lot of running around
I woke up around 4 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. K keeps the incubator in our bedroom because the room remains at a constant temperature, and the kids don't have much access to it. In the night, the eggs began to "Peep!" So far none have hatched, and K is afraid he didn't keep the humidity high enough at the end of the incubation period so the shells may be too hard for the chicks to get out. If so, he will try again to incubate more eggs later. This batch will just die. We have never done this before so we really don't know what we are doing. In any event, he's agreed to move the incubator out of our bedroom tonight so we aren't kept awake by peeping.
I took N to the elementary school he will attend in the fall and got him registered. The county health department was there, providing free immunizations. N had been ill at his physical and didn't get his shots. Since I had the paperwork from our doctor's office with me (just by chance), I was able to take advantage of the free immunization. N was scared, but the county bribed him with a package of fun stuff including crayons and glue. I offered to take him out for ice cream afterwards, which we did.
I think it will rain tomorrow so perhaps my plan to look for tadpoles will have to wait. Hopefully I'll have some chicks by tomorrow and they won't all die.

1 Comments:
Moon-Spinner,
We have a rooster and six hens in our yard. The eggs they lay are fertile. I got my husband an inexpensive incubator for Christmas. He collected three day's worth of eggs and started incubating them about three weeks ago. We've never used an incubator before, so we don't know what we are doing.
Angela
Post a Comment
<< Home