In the garden
Last weekend I started to spend significant time again in the garden. It finally seems to have warmed up, and two nights ago we went down to freezing, and I expect that to be the last frost of the season.
My husband planted my two zucchini and three confection squash seedlings under floating row covers in hopes of defeating the squash boring beetle. I put in some golden beets and Swiss chard a couple days ago, and I spent a lot of yesterday removing weeds from the area I'll be putting in the main part of my garden (tomatoes, peppers, eggplant). I still have half of it left to weed.
Our azaleas are just starting to bloom, and the dogwoods have already begun to bloom. My apple trees, cherry trees, and blueberry bushes are blooming, as are the strawberry plants.
I had enough fresh herbs to make a marinade for steak on Sunday. From my yard it had green onion, parsley, and thyme. I also used garlic and olive oil from the store.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home