All is well
N is at preschool. He has "Lunch Bunch" today so he will be there an extra 1 1/2 hours. J and I might go out to lunch by ourselves. Last week when N was at Lunch Bunch, we went to Applebees with a friend with whom I used to work. This week we have no specific plans.
After dropping N off at preschool, we went to the nursery and admired the tropical houseplants. Then we went outside to see if they had any green peppers in stock, which they didn't this past weekend. No, they still didn't. That didn't stop me from getting four perennials. I got two painted daisies and two baby's breath. I'm afraid I have an addiction to plants. I'd much rather go to the nursery than to the mall.
Dinner will be easy today. We'll have leftover honey mustard chicken from last night. I even have some leftover dinner rolls. I have some beets with which I need to do something. I just don't know what yet. Yesterday we decided to have corn-on-the-cob with the chicken because it doesn't improve with storage in the refrigerator.
J is wearing her "ballerina suit," a pink, skirted leotard. She's wearing underwear and not a diaper or pull up. Hopefully she won't poop. The chances are good that she'll pee. Hopefully she'll use the toilet, but one never knows. I need to keep an eye on her to make sure she stays off the carpet in my room or my new (last fall) love seat. She has quite a reputation for piddling on the Pergo. Once she did it right in front of her dad, and boy was he mad.
I think I might vaccuum this morning. We got N to pick up his Thomas-the-Tank-Engine track stuff last night so I can actually see the dirty floor. I should run the vaccuum while the floor is still accessible.
I can tell I need to dump the diaper pail. Before getting into her "ballerina suit," J soiled a diaper. Now most of my house stinks. It seems to me that a three-year-old should be using the toilet. The doctor assures me she'll be trained by four.

3 Comments:
I love to garden too! The rotatiller was out for a while, so I haven't had a chance to plow yet. Of course, now it's rainy and cold, so I might have to wait another week. Are you doing a veggie garden or just flowers? Jon (my fiancee) and I want to plant a nice flower garden and give it 2 years to grow, so we can get married in it.
Moon-Spinner
I do both vegetables and flowers (and also some fruit).
My vegetable areas aren't very attractive. They are mostly fenced (with chicken wire) in to keep out my chickens. I have a lot of flower gardens around my yard. In the front, we planted a perennial garden when we bought our house. Then we killed the tiny front lawn and added bushes and more perennials (such as lavendar and black-eyed Susans). In the back, we have places we are encouraging certain invasive plants to grow. I have mints, goose-neck loosestrife, liatris, black-eyed Susans, bee balm, lemon balm, and other invasive stuff. I also have a little shade garden in the back with a concrete bench. It's pretty nice.
I could go on about my garden for days, but I'll stop here since I'm sure I've already provided more detail than anyone cares about but me.
I think it's a great idea to have a garden wedding. Have you planned out what you want to grow where yet?
Angela
Moon-Spinner,
I am in awe of Moms. Of course, she's only fictional.
I do like to garden, but I don't can, sew, knit, paint, or belong to a garden club. I can barely cook, crochet, and mend.
I have done a better job, though, teaching my five-year-old son to speak English than she did with Bobby.
Angela
Post a Comment
<< Home