Friday, June 24, 2005

New furniture

I ordered new furniture today. Specifically, I ordered a new sofa and a new recliner. They are supposed to arrive Sunday. Hopefully I'll convince my husband to take our old stuff to the dump tomorrow.

The old furniture is far too awful to give to Goodwill. Part of the back cushion on the couch that isn't removable has come unattached. We've tried sewing it back several times without success. The fabric part of the couch and love seat are fraying. Several places it is entirely gone and foam and wood are showing. Some of the cushions have slits in them. The support for the cushions was shot long before we ever got the couch. We just put up with it because it was free and we were so poor when we got married.

The recliner is small. It is very comfortable to me. My husband is over 6 feet tall. I don't think he'll find it comfortable. I mentioned that to him. He said comfortable furniture is furniture he doesn't have to shop for. Hopefully he'll remember that when he sits in it.

A friend of mine from playgroup watched my kids at her house while I went furniture shopping. I'm certain I didn't get a bargain, although both pieces were on sale or clearance. I only went to one store, and even though I changed my mind about the color I wanted the recliner a bunch of times, I was back to my friend's house in less than an hour from when I left. I hate shopping so much, it was just a relief to find stuff that was acceptable to me at the first place I shopped. I'm a horrid bargain shopper.

The kids will hate the new furniture. While I don't let them jump on the old stuff (but I catch them doing it anyway), I don't stop them from putting their feet on it, and I quite often let them eat on it. Those days are over once the new stuff arrives.

K is watching his Dukes of Hazzard DVD in the family room. The kids are in bed. I'm glad I had the chance to write. Time alone at the computer is hard to come by around here.

Tomorrow we have a bunch of things to do. I think we might get a couple rabbits from a town about 45 minutes away. They are supposed to be ready this weekend. I'll have to call in the morning to be sure. The bookstore near me is having a sale, so I want to go get Eleven On Top at a better price if they have it in stock. K told the kids we may go fishing. I've told the kids we will let them play in the sprinkler to cool off for a little bit (high in the low 90s °F). I want K to go to the dump. The church is having a yard sale I'd like to attend. I've got some pork tenderloin I'd like to have K grill outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home