Monday, June 06, 2005

VACATION

I leave tomorrow. I' ve got most of my packing done, and none of my kids'. I did all my laundry today, and we are all wearing stuff I don't want to take.

We made a stop by Books-A-Million today and got several items to amuse ourselves with on the trip. They are the Mystery Pen type books, coloring books, and sticker books. For J, she's got one with a marker that also makes color in the book. N's and mine are just black.

At Kroger last night, we loaded up on snacks. I heard Nortwest won't be serving any pretzels anymore. I'm not sure when that begins. I also think pillows are no longer available on the plane.

I got my sheets changed last night. Of course, they'll need changing when we get back since K is still using them. I'm not sure what he'll live on while we are gone. He said something about egg salad sandwiches. I think he'll probably spend lots of his time at work. I feel sorry for the cat. Brenna doesn't know we are going away. She'll just have K around, and he doesn't like her. He'll probably say things to her like, "Go away, Cat," and "Shut up, Cat."

I think our mulberries and the first of our raspberries will ripen while I'm gone. Also the lavendar is almost ready to bloom. I'll miss it at its best.

Yesterday we finally had to turn on the air conditioning for the summer. Hopefully it will be cooler in Michigan. I grew up without air conditioning, but I think my mom has it now.

I need to go. There is so much left to do.

2 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Thanks!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Travel safely. Maybe your hubby and the cat will bond while you are away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home