Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Life--because what else is there?

My Internet connection has been up and down since Friday. Mostly it's been down. I got e-mail the whole time, but limited web access. Sometimes I'd be at a web site and it would crash and not connect to another page. It's been very annoying. So far it's been going quite well today, but I've been too busy to do much with it.

I've been back-and-forth to N's preschool. We dropped him off, and then J and I returned an hour-and-a-half later to see his "graduation." Then we left since it was "Lunch Bunch" day and he stayed until 2 p.m. This evening we all had to go back there again, and even my husband came. It was his end of the year art program. The kids sang songs, we had punch and cookies, and we looked at some of the art he's done recently. His final day of preschool was supposed to be this coming Thursday, but because of the snow days we had, we'll have a make-up day next Tuesday.

At Lunch Bunch, N and one of his friends were playing with juice. N got it in his hair. I didn't get it cleaned up before his program this evening, but I did give him a shower before bed so he doesn't have to go to preschool tomorrow with such nasty hair.

Yesterday J took one of her overloaded (with pee) diapers, ripped it opened, and spred all the nasty, wet gel filling all over her bedroom. She had it on the bedspread, under the bed, on the bookcase, on the floor, on the baseboards, on the window sill, and in her own hair. Fortuntately she didn't get it on N's bed. It took my husband and me a long time to get it up, and I doubt we got it all. She spent most of the evening in her room to think about her behavior. That girl needs to become potty trained so badly.

This evening, J insisted I had to open the watermelon we got at the store this morning. Once I got the kitchen cleaned up and all my husband's paperwork done, I did open it. J had a couple pieces in a bowl. She proceeded to mush them up by hand and get the table soaked with sticky juice while I was in the kitchen cutting up the rest of the watermelon so I could fit it into the refrigerator (my back was to her). There was one more mess for me to clean. Sometimes I feel like I spend my days cleaning up messes.

I was so exhausted this evening, we put the kids to bed 20 minutes early. N can't tell time yet, but he was arguing with me that it couldn't be bedtime since it was too light outside. His dad explained how days are getting longer as we approach summer. I feel a bit guilty about misrepresenting it as bedtime, but I'd feel a lot worse if the kids had stayed up. I'm very tired of having to come entertain them about every 25 seconds and having to pick up after them so many times each day. If I can get a good night's sleep, they'll be cute and fun in the morning.

The flower seeds and gladiola bulbs I planted last week are starting to come up. We've had a lot of rain lately. In fact, we have had so much, I'm afraid our strawberries are going to rot instead of ripening. Sunday I started some more seeds indoors, including some pumpkin seeds. I've been meaning to get them going for a while. I think these seeds should be sprouting by this coming weekend.

The little chicks in the house are getting a lot bigger. We are hoping to put them outside this weekend even though it's a week earlier than we had planned to. They'll have a lot more room in the pen in the yard. Hopefully the weather will be warm enough for us to do this. My husband my be planning to rig their heat light up in the pen.

1 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Things have gone better today. The only large mess was when the kids emptied their money "bank" (really an empty plastic cannister from Nonna's biscotti with a whole cut in the lid to drop in money) all over our family room. My husband handled that problem while I made dinner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home