Too busy to write
I've been too busy to write.
One would think with a holiday weekend and no plans, I'd have lots of time. Not so.
My husband worked most of the holiday weekend. He worked all day Saturday and half a day on Memorial Day. Since he had to get up early both days to go to work, I woke up early, too, so I spent the weekend exhausted, taking care of the kids.
My husband is in fact at work again this evening. The only reason I'm able to write is that my daughter has fallen asleep a little early. My son is watching me type right now and asking lots of questions about what sounds certain letters in the alphabet make. I need to get him his vitamin, make sure he brushes his teeth, and put him to bed. I also need to get my daugher's diaper changed and put her in pajamas.
Okay. That's done except my daugher had on a clean diaper already and a little knit shorts and top she put on this evening. I decided she could sleep in it. I really don't want her up and crying.
Today was my son's final day of preschool. He and my daughter will be back at preschool in July for "Summer Camp," but the program then is much different from regular preschool. It's hard to believe I'm the mom of a kindegartener now. It doesn't seem that long ago I was in high school (although I graduated 18 years ago).
We leave in a week to fly home to Michigan. I haven't been back for a couple years. It will be fun to see everyone. My mom has had a cabin for several years. She spends a lot of time there and sends me pictures of it. I've never seen it so one day we'll run up to Harrison and take a look.
K is home from work now, so I'm off.

1 Comments:
M-S,
Thanks. I'm sure vacation will be fun. One of the things I want to do is go bra shopping while leaving my kids with my mom. It's something I can't do with the kids, and I haven't been able to go for nearly a year. It can take many hours to find one that fits, and my husband prefers not to watch the kids for that long. He's always busy with his work or his hobbies, and one really can't do either while watching the kids.
Post a Comment
<< Home