Saturday, December 24, 2005

Happy Christmas Eve!

The sun starting to set. It got up to around 60 °F this afternoon. It was very pleasant. I sat out in the sun for a while.

We did our weekly grocery shopping at Kroger this afternoon. Usually we go in the evening, but they close at 6 p.m. today. The store was packed. I got round ligament pains (a pregnancy problem) about halfway through the store. My purse became too heavy to carry. The pain stopped a little after I put my purse in the cart. Of course, I worried it would get stolen the rest of the time we were in the store. I NEVER leave my purse in the cart. My purse was fine.

I spent about $5 getting a quart of fresh strawberries. After dinner, I'm going to try a recipe in The Joy of Cooking to make a strawberry bavarian cream for tomorrow's dinner. Even if it doesn't set and mold properly, sweetened strawberries in whipped cream should taste very good. Since no one is coming for dinner, it won't be a disaster if it doesn't work out. The price of stawberries is horrid. I don't think I've ever purchased them out of season before.

I've had the turkey in the fridge thawing since Monday. I'm not sure it will be thawed by tomorrow. I guess I may be running it under water in the sink tomorrow. I'm not sure what to do. I think I might have cooked a turkey once before, but how hard can it be? I can roast a chicken. I'd be more concerned if we were having company, but we aren't. I'm not sure what time dinner will be tomorrow. That will depend entirely on the turkey.

It's venison for dinner tonight. Our neighbor gave us some a couple weeks ago. It's quite tasty.

So far the mail hasn't arrived today. I'm not even sure it is supposed to come today. Usually it comes on Saturdays, and it never comes on Sundays or Christmas. Since Christmas is on a Sunday, perhaps they gave the postal workers an extra day off.

My son can't tell time yet. We've told him when he wakes up in the morning to check the clock on the stove. If the first number is a 5, a 6 or smaller, to go back to bed. If it is a 7 or an 8 (yeah right), he is free to get up. We're sure he'll try to get up early because of the Christmas presents. I always did.

2 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Merry Christmas :-) My kids woke around 6:30 am. It's now 2:00pm and they're in the pool. We're having a late lunch after our huge seafood breakfast.

Have a great day

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Merry Christmas! I guess I was lucky to get to remain in bed until 7 a.m. My kids and husband are in our back yard, playing with their new bicycles in the mud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home