Bad weather
We are getting a wintery mix right now. It was supposed to start earlier. I think it began around 7 a.m., just as I was getting up. It wasn't supposed to snow, but it did for a while. Now it's turned to sleet or freezing rain. Our schools didn't close because at the time the decision was made, the storm hadn't begun. Eventually this mess is supposed to become rain. Hopefully it will melt off any problems before school is over, and certainly before rush hour this evening.
My Trixie Belden Christmas gift exchange person got her gift yesterday. I was glad. I got it to the post office on Monday and wondered how long it would take to arrive. Two days. I haven't received my present yet. These gifts are a lot of fun since they are inexpensive enough that one doesn't have to worry if they will be liked a lot. It's just fun to send and receive them, and interesting to see what the other person comes up with.
I got most of my Christmas cards done last night while I watched some MacGyver on DVD. Since most of my cards were pre-printed, I made computer mailing labels, and I used a stamp for our return address, it went quickly. It wasn't very personal, but if I waited around to write a personal message to each person, no one would get a Christmas card. I still have about three to do manually, and they will get personal messages and addressing. They are to people I don't see often or keep in touch with. This is my once-a-year chance.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home