Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Snow day

School is closed today because of the bit of snow we got yesterday. It is very early in the year for snow where I live. Normally we see none until just after Christmas. It looks like a couple inches out there--enough to cover the grass. I think it will melt away soon.

St. Nicholas visited last night and left candy in my kids' shoes. I think we are all feeling a bit queasy from too much candy now. I had never heard of such a tradition until I married my husband. Perhaps it's because he's Roman Catholic, and I'm not. We also celebrate Advent and even have an Advent wreath with candles, something I never did growing up.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Well, as a parent, I'll tell you snow days aren't as fun. I had slipped off my deck steps when the snow first fell two evenings ago (I'm okay), so I had no interest whatsoever in going out to play with the kids. Fortunately, their dad was home part of the day and played with them.

My son was very happy to have a day off of school, and he's only in kindergarten. I'm not sure my daughter was as pleased, but she's in preschool and mostly just plays with her friends at school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home