Friday, December 02, 2005

Brilly got it right!

I had my ultrasound yesterday, and my baby will clearly be a girl. Everything appears to be going fine with her. I had my ob/gyn appointment today. I'm fine in all important ways, but I have a varicose vein in a very personal location. I may order a pregnancy jock-strap type item to reduce the pain and pressure. The doctor assures me this difficulty will go away by itself after the pregnancy.

Fortunately a friend of mine offered to watch J while I went to my appointment today. Because the doctor was running behind by over two hours, I spent over three hours at the doctor's. I got done in plenty of time to meet N's bus, though. If J had been with me, we would have had to reschedule. We had to do that my last appointment because the doctor ended up doing an emergency C-section.

I spent the evening yesterday phoning all my family (all long-distance) to tell the that we would be having a girl. My mom seemed very happy since she has three grandson's and one granddaughter right now, my brother's wife was sterilized after her second son, and I don't plan on having a fourth child on purpose.

5 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I'd actually prefer to change a boy's diaper. I've only been peed on a couple times. It was my daughter who would pee upon air exposure. My son only did if his diaper was off for too long. Of course, when my daughter peed, I wasn't in danger of a soaking.

I prefer boy diapers because with poop, it is all out in the open and easy to remove. With girl babies, one usually has to go hunting in the crevices. It is easier to miss, and it leads to diaper rash when it's missed.

Girl babies are a lot more fun to dress up, though.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Congratulations Angela and family.
I'm with you about changing girls nappies. It's so hard to track down all that poop.
Hope you are keeping well. Now comes the fun part.... names!! Do you have a name picked out?

Take care and keep well

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Yes, we have a name picked out.

There is no guarantee we won't change our minds, but I'm not expecting to. We are recycling two of our grandmothers' names. We aren't sure if we want the first name to start with a "K" or a "C" because of the nicknames we plan to use. I think they look dumb with a "C." The name will most likely be Katherine Elizabeth. I plan to call her Katie or Kate. I think Catie and Cate look dumb. (My grandmother was a Catherine who went by her middle name, Louise, while my husband's grandma is Katherine. My other grandma was Elizabeth.) I think we'll go with the "K."

If we get surprised with a boy instead of a girl (not likely--ultrasound technician said 99.9% sure it was a girl, and I saw the labia, too), he'll probably be named Maximilian James (and called Max and told if he hates his name, to go by M. James).

I am getting rid of the boy clothing that my daughter refuses to wear, figuring Katie won't want boy clothes either, so it darned well better be a girl. We need to free up some space in the attic to turn it into a bedroom for N.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only just saw this Angela but congrats on your little girl, how exciting :)
Glad to hear everything is going well!

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Thanks, Sarah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home