Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sunday

We finally made it to church today. I'm not sure we've all been well enough to go since Lent began. I spilled my coffee getting out of the car after church (and a stop at the doughnut place). Mostly it went all over my purse. My cell phone remained dry, but a lot of other stuff was wet. Fortunately I've been using a nylon purse that converts to a fanny pack when I need both hands free. I started doing this after I had J and often couldn't manage both kids without two free hands. I never use it as a fanny pack any more, but I may need to again after I have the baby. Anyway, being nylon, I assume it is washable. I washed it in a bucket with some Woolite. It's hanging on the fence outdoors in hopes of it drying. Now I'm using the old leather purse I used before J was born. K was very kind and shared half of his coffee with me.

K has gone to the duplex to work on the vacant unit from which we evicted the tenant on Friday. He says the plaster is in very bad shape. That's what he plans to begin working on first. He's going to rip out all the smelly, old carpeting, and he believes there are mostly hardwood floors beneath it, which he will work on making look nice. Anyway, K won't be around much for a while (he thinks it will take three months). He did take his cell phone in case I go into labor and need to reach him. Unfortunately, our rental is at least twenty minutes from our home.

It's K's day for doing laundry, but since he's not here, I'm thinking of running a load anyway. I forgot to wash N's jacket, and he got whipped cream all over it at the IHOP on his birthday. I was going to wash it yesterday, but I forgot.

2 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe i always laugh when i read fanny pack, took me quite a while to figure out what they were, we call them bum bags here.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Angela said...

"Bum" has different meaning here (although I am aware of how you use it). A bum has become a politically incorrect term to call a homeless person. Actually, my purse isn't really a fanny pack because it sits over my stomach and not over my butt, so I'm not sure what it is actually called. I would think of a bum bag as being the bandana-wrapped collection of stuff tied to the end of a stick that cartoons of hoboes from our depression era (1930s) carried.

It's amazing how much our words for things can vary. I just bought a couple pacifiers and a package of diapers. I think you'd call them dummies and nappies. I never would.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home