Television
I don't have cable or satellite TV. I get what comes in on my rabbit ear antennas. I get NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, and two PBS stations.
I have rented an electric double breast pump. It takes both hands to hold the parts to my breasts, which keeps me from being able to hold a book or magazine to read while pumping. TV or the radio are my only options. Pumping is very boring. Usually there is very little worth watching on TV. Yesterday I hit so horrid a combination that I just pumped with the TV off. Ellen was up against The View and a game show that might have been The Price is Right (I didn't stick around to confirm). PBS was showing kids shows. Fox was awful, but I don't know what the show was.
I'm also not good at reading while feeding a baby a bottle. Sometimes I watch TV, and sometimes I watch the baby. Feeding her is much more fun than pumping.
I've also now seen a television commercial for Trojan condoms. At least it was on in the middle of the night. Things like that weren't shown during my last two pregnancies. I see commercials for Ambien in the middle of the night (makes sense).
Anyway, I'm thinking of stopping by the book store tomorrow if/when I am out and about while J is in preschool. Tomorrow will have been one week from my hospital release, and my driving restrictions will be over. The last two pregnancies had a two-week restriction, but they were delivered at a different hospital. I need to get a few things from Target (such as more bottles since I'm bottle-feeding breast milk now and will use formula soon enough). At the bookstore, I'll see if I can't find a book on tape that might make pumping pass more quickly. I don't listen well, but if I get something I've already read and enjoy (such as a Stephanie Plum book by Janet Evanovich), my lack of listening ability shouldn't matter.
It's about time to feed Katie. I'm getting very sleepy. I just pumped so if it isn't too close to J returning from preschool, I think I might get a nap.

1 Comments:
I've purchased a number of television DVDs from Amazon.com, including MacGyver, The A-Team, Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys, and The Rockford Files. I've seen them all now, and I've even re-watched a couple MacGyver episodes while pumping. Right now I'm waiting with great anticipation for the June release of Rockford Files Season 2.
Also, I'm next in line at the local library to see Season 2 of Columbo. I've been on the waiting list for about three months for this. I'm guessing I should have it in the next couple weeks, but I can only check it out for a weeks since there are other holds on it.
Post a Comment
<< Home