Not yet
I saw the ob/gyn this morning. I'm still 50 % effaced and 2.5 cm dilated. I admit to being disappointed about the dilation because I've had a lot of contraction in the past week, and they are hurting more than before (but still not bad). The baby has dropped lower, though, so there has been some change. The doctor refuses to guess when the baby will come or if I hold out for Monday's induction. She says every time she ventures a guess, she's wrong.
I did find out the when and where details of the induction on Monday. I need to go to admissions at 7 a.m. and not eat or drink after midnight the night before. I'm hoping my husband will take me because if my mom does, someone will have to get the kids up and dressed at 6 a.m., and that would be very unpleasant. Monday is the first day of the kids' spring break so they'll be home all day with their grandma while I'm at the hospital.
My mom, J, and I went to a sewing machine store today. I bought a Huskystar basic machine. It was more than twice the price of Target's Singer that we took back, but the quality (and service) is much better. Like the Singer, it weighs a lot less than my old Singer. It's price was almost at the limit of what I was willing to pay, figuring I could repair the old Singer for less (but I don't even know what that would cost). Right now, assuming I am happy with the Huskystar, I'll be putting the old Singer up in the attic in case any of my kids ever want to use it. It does forward and backward just fine--only no zig-zag.
Hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll have the chance to try to figure out how the new sewing machine works.

1 Comments:
I can cook adequately but not well, and I can sew on a button if necessary and I don't get too picky, but I certainly don't sew well. I can make things like placemats, but that's about it.
Post a Comment
<< Home