Not getting the house
We aren't getting the house I said we'd put an offer on. It turns out that we didn't actually put in the offer. Our agent held it instead of sending it when he found out that the owner (whoever foreclosed on the property) of the property wouldn't allow a bad termite inspection to terminate the contract. That is usually standard language in the contracts. The owner would, however, allow us to pay for our own termite inspection prior to submitting the offer. We did. I guess it happened this afternoon. I understand the house was riddled with termites. We won't be submitting an offer. The inspection cost us $60, which is much cheaper than losing the $1000 we'd be putting down as good-faith money when we make an offer if we then back out of it without a reason allowed in the contract.
So, I guess Mr. K and I will look around some more and discuss another of the properties we saw that had some potential. It wasn't in the area in which my husband had hoped to make a purchase, though.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home