Thursday, March 01, 2007

None

Not much is going on here. Spring is getting closer. I have lots of yellow crocuses in bloom around the yard, and a couple daffodils are blooming. The weather isn't extremely cold any more, but it isn't yet what I'd call warm.

The big tip-off that spring is on its way is that my seasonal allergies are coming on strong. I feel like itching my whole face, especially my eyes. K seems to have seasonal allergies too. Mostly her nose is running a lot. I've got that, too. Benadryl works well for me, but it makes me tired. It's good for night time, but not daytime. Claratin does nothing for me, and it doesn't make me tired. I talked to a pharmacist today who suggested Allegra as another non-drowsy alternative, but that requires a prescription. I've called my doctor's office to see if she'll prescribe it. I'm hoping she won't need to see me first; she did a complete physical in October so she's pretty up-to-date about my health.

I saw my ob/gyn this past Tuesday to see about sterilization. I'm hoping to get that done in April at a time when my mom can come for a visit. I'm terrified of surgery, though, and I dread the recovery. I hate how I feel when I'm pregnant, I don't want any more children, I'm sick of worrying all the time about an oops, and I'm terrified of going through labor so even though I'm also terrified of surgery, it beats another pregnancy when I have the exact number of children I want.

3 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Good luck on the sterilization. My mom had her tubes tied while she was still in the hospital after delivering my sister. I guess she wanted to get both out of the way at the same time.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I could have done that, too. I just wanted to be sure the baby survived before I had the surgery. I had planned to assure that by waiting until K was two, but I'm getting very worried about an oops so I'd rather be certain. Most babies who survive until age one in good health will live a normal-length life.

 
At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with getting your tubes tied, i don't know if i will ever be able to do that, and i doubt A will get a vasectomy :) so i'm guessing we will just stick with normal birth control options for a while anyways.

My mum had it done when i was born as well i think...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home