Good thing I have no psychic ability
Nothing in the U.S. was blown up over the holiday weekend. As always, thank goodness, my premonitions are worthless.
K is napping, and the kids just got home from school and are watching Dukes of Hazzard on DVD. I fell asleep shortly after K did and didn't wake up until it was almost time for N and J to get home. Unfortunately, I should have put the roast in the oven before I fell asleep. Now dinner will be very late, and it's all my fault. It's a damp, cold day, and falling asleep just seemed like a great idea at the time.
K and I hit the dollar store (a direct pipeline to China) and I got some invitations for J's birthday party. Surprisingly enough, they were made in the U.S.A. They are sort of ugly so I wonder if they aren't really old or something and just wouldn't sell. Even my Christmas cards from the bookstore (not so cheap) were made in China. When I realized I'd need a few more, I figured I might as well just spend $1 and get them at the dollar store since I was funding China anyway.

2 Comments:
I'm really glad that no one has tried to attack your country. If I were American I'd worry too, even if 9/11 happened out of holiday season.
It's hard to avoid buying things from China.... both our countries need to either put higher taxes on those imports or find a way to make it cheaper to buy U.S./Australian products
I imagine I'll have the worry about a terrorist attack somewhere in the back of my mind for the rest of my life unless we are able to get Moslems who are normal people to stomp out the fundamentalist terrorist movement in their religion.
I hate taxes and tariffs, but American workers can't compete with near slave labor. We've outlawed that kind of treatment of labor here because it is wrong to treat PEOPLE that way, and not just Americans. It seems to be all to easy to look the other way. I do it to when I purchase many things, although I try to buy American (or European, etc.)
Post a Comment
<< Home