Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Not feeling well for Thanksgiving

The Excedrin worked last night, and Mr. K's fever came down pretty quickly. He still felt horrid, but was ready to eat something. I asked if he wanted stew. He said no, that he wanted Doritos. I asked him if we had any. He said no. I asked him if he wanted me to go out and get some. He said yes.

So I made a Food Lion run (supermarket one mile from my house) just before 10 p.m. last night. Mr. K got out of bed and ate Doritos.

I'm not feeling so well today. My stomach is churning and I have little appetite. Mr. K's having the same problem. K's broken out in a rash from her diaper area to all over her tummy. I'm guessing an enterovirus. I got sick long ago of going to the pediatrician over each fever and rash and hearing they were probably enterovirus or coxsachievirus (something like that), and there really wasn't anything to do but treat the fever and keep full of fluids. Unless someone comes down with a new and exciting symptom, we will not bother the doctor nor part with our $15 per visit co-pay just to hear it's a virus. (But you can only imagine my terror the first time N's tummy burst out in a rash.)

Mr. K is assisting N and J in putting together our pumpkin pie from the recipe on the label of canned pumpkin. I bought a frozen crust, so it shouldn't be too hard.

I'm not in the mood at all for venison. I feel like barfing just thinking of meat. I picked up dinner rolls today, along with salad greens, green beans, and a very small bouquet of flowers.

Last year I got the horrid 24-hr stomach bug the day after Thanksgiving. K had it first and threw up on Thanksgiving a few times. I threw up all the next night, barfing literally every 45 minutes or sooner. I got no sleep. It turned to horrid diarrhea and a massive headache from dehydration by morning. I don't feel that ill now. This is minor compared to that.

I think N and J are okay except for colds, but I couldn't swear to it.

K got me up once in the night, and J got me up twice. J had bad dreams. As a result, I'm very sleepy today. I need to go see what's going on in the kitchen, and I might make some pumpkin spice instant pudding I saw at Food Lion last night. I think I could get that down (no meat). So far an apple has been my dinner.

3 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Happy Thanksgiving :-) I hope you are all feeling a bit better now.

I've never tasted pumpkin pie. Is it the same sort of pumpkin that's carved for Halloween?

I don't visit the doctor for vomiting etc unless it's really severe.

 
At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you guys are feeling so sick, sounds awful!

Take care and happy thanksgiving!

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I guess we're a bit better now, but not fine yet.

It is pretty much the same kind of pumpkin that you carve, only the varieties meant for carving are often bred to be larger and have thinner shells. Pie pumpkins are smaller and have more usable "meat." There are some kinds of pumpkins people grow that can be used for either pie or jack-o-lantern. A commercial grower would grow one type or the other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home