Court results
The tenant that came with the house we purchased in mid-October did not show up for court so we got the writ of possession and Mr. K was able to get into the sheriff's schedule for a week from now. Last time we had to wait a lot longer to get on their list.
The other tenant, the one who called this morning really did bring money. The judge had Mr. K accept it and she will be putting the utilities in her name (I got the call from dept. of utilities this morning). The judge also told this lady this is the only time in a one-year period she can pull this. If it happens again, she's out. She still owes us December rent and offered to sign a check over to Mr. K, but he wasn't thinking and refused and said cash it and mail us the rent. I sure hope the money will be in the mail.
Anyway, as soon as we got home, K and I had to do a bank run because the lady paid us with over $1000 in cash. Yikes! Mr. K was waiting on a city street corner (but a couple blocks from the police station) with that much cash until I arrived downtown to pick him up.
If we really get the rent now, and if the tenant begins to follow the lease, I will be much happier. She told Mr. K that our brand new furnace isn't working. I don't know why she didn't say something earlier (except she was afraid we'd do nothing since we got no rent) but I really don't want the pipes freezing. I'll have to send the heating/cooling company there--yet another expense. What stumps us is that she's using gas left and right, as can be seen in the utility bill.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home