Monday, January 14, 2008

Another trip to the doctors

I called and spoke to a nurse this morning because last night I discovered J has been dumping her antibiotics into a trash bag she had stashed next to her bed, oblivious to the fact that she could grow amoxicillin-resistant bacteria in her ears, and that K could find her trash and eat them, poisoning her.

The nurse said the doctor wanted to see her in case the infection was still there. If it was, he would be injecting her with antibiotics.

It turned out she just had fluid built-up in her ear; it was not infected. Because of that, he was able to skip the injection in her butt. Mr. K was disappointed when he found out later. He had hoped a shot might convince J not to dump medicine again.

J's sinuses still looked pretty mucked up. The doctor gave me some samples of stuff to use for her cough, and he wrote me a brand-new prescription for Augmentin (a harsher antibiotic) in liquid form. So now, instead of being done with antibiotics in three days, she as another ten-day regimen. Plus, this one tastes horrid. (I guess she thought that of the chewables, but she says this is worse.)

4 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what a hassle for you, i was on augmentin recently but it was just a tablet.

Hope you are all feeling better soon!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Thanks.

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger brillywazz said...

L still has antibiotics in liquid form. He doesn't like it but we just tell him that medicine isn't supposed to taste good :-) LOL about Mr K... I can see his point. It would have been a just consequence.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I guess I should have known better than to get her chewables. It will be a long time before we try that again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home