Thursday, January 10, 2008

Stubborn J

J gave me a hard time again with her new lotion. I'm thinking of giving up, but telling her not to complain to me when it itches. I'm sick of fighting with her. I know I should continue since it is best for her, but I'm just getting so tired of fighting her.

Brilly, do you know, is eczema like psoriasis? From your psoriasis descriptions, it sounds like it is something you'd give anything a try just to see if it helps. I can't figure out why J doesn't want lotions. She says this lotion is, "too wet." I hope it's just her age.

2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Eczema is different to psoriasis. I've tried every cream known to man but I keep on trying anything new.

With D's eczema we use a generic hair conditioner (preferably white) instead of soap. And if his eczema is flaring up we use cortisone creams. Some eczema creams sting, especially when the eczema is at it's worse.
I might do a photo for the cafe of my largest patch of psoriasis...... it might gross some people out though :-)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I think if you are brave enough to post such a picture, people's reactions are up to them. I think there are a lot of nurses at the cafe, so they've probably seen it all anyway. Certainly it would be a very unusual picture.

J's itching is much worse in the winter when the humidity is down. She's now to use my Oil of Olay soap, according to the doctor. I think she wasn't using any soap before. Mr. K used to do her showers, but I just started recently because she was tangling up her hair so badly each time I wanted to teach her to start at the top and work her way down through the hair to avoid knots. I'm also having her run the brush through her hair while she's still under the water. I'd only done about three showers with her before we saw the doctor. She told the doctor she doesn't use soap. (That might explain her occasional odor.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home