Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Running around and getting nowhere fast

My errand running had to wait a bit this morning. Mr. K told me last night that he wanted to borrow my car to go to court since it handles better than our truck in bad weather, and there was a chance we'd get some mid-morning freezing rain.

Once again, he didn't get our tenant evicted. Apparently she showed up with some cash again for December's rent and assured him that the check for January's rent was in the mail as of last Thursday (yeah, right). Anyway, they agreed to settle without actually going to court. It took Mr. K months to find her as a tenant, and he doesn't have time to get that place back on the market right now and wait for a bunch of losers to take a look at it. She also has some story about it being hard to mail the rent (probably because she has to get a money order first), and could he come by next time and pick it up.

Right after Mr. K came back from court with some cash and a signed-over check in hand, the phone rang. It was my dentist's office with an immediate opening if I could come right away to get my teeth cleaned. I was scheduled to go on January 30, but this was fine with me. K hadn't fallen asleep yet, so we went.

On the way back, we stopped by the bank to deposit the money from that tenant. Then we stopped by the post office to send Brilly a Webkinz. K had her shoes and socks off, so I had to put them back on her before we went in. Afterwards, K took her socks off again in the car on the way home, and we live only one mile (although you have to drive 25 mph, which makes it seem longer than it is) from the post office. Her head was bobbing and her eyes were starting to roll around with sleepiness, so I stopped running errands so she could nap. I had hoped to get to the grocery store and a sewing store to get more bobbins, but she needed the nap. From the looks of the time now, if she wakes up soon, we'll only have time to go to the grocery store before we have to be home to wait for the school bus.

I'll probably try to finish running my errands tomorrow after I go to the gym, but the truth of the matter is that errands are like laundry. It doesn't matter how much time I spend on them, they are never caught up.

2 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Thanks for thinking of us with the Webkinz, the kids are very excited especially L as I told him it's mostly for him. The kids think we got the better end of the deal as I'm sending you some vegemite and stamps :-) They said that I'm cruel and you'll probably never speak to me again!! I'll be posting mine in a week or two when my budget has recovered from school shopping!

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Angela said...

I saw you picture of your heap of school supplies. It is so depressing. I can't stand how much it costs me each year. I just got a note from J's teacher telling me the kids need two more boxes of crayons, another pack of markers, and six small or three large glue sticks. I sent her a pack of markers, about a dozen glue sticks, and six packs of crayons at the start of the school year. The year isn't even half over. What did they do with the supplies I sent at at the start of the year? Eat them?

Anyway, now the good sales are over so I'll have to pay full price for the school supplies.

I think I'd rather have vegemite and stamps, although there is a fun typing game at the Webkinz site. To do well, you have to be able to type without looking at your hands, so I can actually do it better than the kids. J (6) is actually pretty bad at the Webkinz site, but then she doesn't read at all. N (8 in March) is much better. He loves most of the games. Some of it might be gender. J loves spending the Kinzcash N earns from playing the games to purchase furnishings for her Webkinz's house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home