Out at a party
My neighbor, the one who hasn't finished fixing up her house yet so who doesn't actually live in her house, knocked on my door as I was making dinner. She invited us over for a Cinco de Mayo cookout. I told her we'd have to come after dinner since dinner was almost done. (She invited us over for a cookout right while I was making dinner last week, too, so I sent the kids over to eat because they'd like her food better. I came after dinner). Anyway, the kids and I went over after dinner. Her nieces and nephews were there so the kids had a great time playing with other kids. Where we live, there are no other kids so they've found both invitations to be wonderful. Both nights there has been a campfire as it got dark.
Mr. K didn't go over either time. He's not very social. I could probably go over there by myself right now because I see the tiki torches are still lit. My neighbor's sisters are probably still over there. The sister with the small kids left about ten minutes before we did. I'm not going over there, though, because I'd rather wash my face and go to bed when I get off the computer. I'm only slightly more social than my husband. J is the only one who actually loves to go to parties in our family.
Anyway, it's been nice being invited to cookouts even though I miss eating the food each time because the invitation arrives as I'm making dinner.
I'm getting really sleepy and I'm not sure how coherent this post even is. I guess it's bedtime.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home