Trying to Get the Kids in Bed
No one will go and stay there. They all have excuses. K keeps calling for me. She isn't tired, either. I am, though, and would like everyone to go to bed so I can.
I was at Walmart today, and I got J a $5 pair of imitation Crocs to replace her real Crocs she lost in the creek last weekend. I also got K a Sesame Street toilet seat insert in the hopes it would help her use our toilet since she seems to prefer playing on that over using her potty. Amazingly enough, the potty seat wrapping proudly indicated it was "Made in the USA." The fake-Crocs, of course, are made in China. My real Crocs made in Mexico. The kids real Crocs were made in China.
We actually signed the lease with new tenants last Friday on the place that had been vandalized while vacant. We're hoping that is the end of any crime against the place, and that having tenants will keep it safe. The new tenants woke me at 6:45 a.m. today (half an hour before my alarm goes off) to ask me when trash day is. I told them I didn't know, and when I went to get the city utility number for them, they said they already had it. Hopefully they will be good tenants and will pay rent on time.
Right now we only have four tenants (out of six) who seem to be paying rent close to on time and without court proceedings. We have court dates for the other two.
This is going no where, and I have to go tuck N in since he finally got himself to his room.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home