Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

I'm having my morning coffee. Today's has caffeine. I'll have to take all three kids to the polls by myself unless my husband comes home between appointments and can watch them or come with us.

The kids and I are planning a McCain victory party for ourselves this evening. I got a 2-liter of pop, and I'll make some cookies and some kind of appetizer. They're excited.

School is closed today because of the election. The schools are used as voting places. School was closed yesterday for parent/teacher conferences. Usually they are done on election day so the kids only miss one day of school. This year they moved conferences to Monday because they didn't want anyone complaining they couldn't get a parking place to vote because the lot was full of people going to conferences. This year they are expecting record turn-outs for voting.

My dad even voted this year after not casting a ballot for a couple decades.

3 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Good luck with your elections, whatever the outcome. It's being telecast live here so we'll all be watching too.
We're also waiting for the Bali Bombers to be executed..... maybe they'll do it today while most of the world is looking at th U.S.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Your state is the first one we'll be looking at....in about half an hour.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Angela said...

At this time, things aren't looking good for my candidate, even in my state. His lead is evaporating as more polls submit their votes. I'm amazed at how quickly the press will call a state, such as when less than 10 percent of the vote is even in.

Probably I'll wake up disappointed when I see the newspaper in the morning. The kids had a good time going to McDonald's for Happy Meals, and then we watched the movie Akeelah and the Bee and ate pretzels and popcorn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home