Tuesday, November 11, 2008

First paragraph is revolting

Not much is happening here. My house is a mess, and I can't get K to go to sleep so I can clean. Earlier I was on the phone with my mom, and she took off her diaper and pooped on the floor next to her potty. Good thing it was on the Pergo (laminate). I just scraped it clean and then wiped the floor down well with a Chlorox wipe. It was really icky there for a while, though, before I got the mess up, and it formed sort of a thick pancake instead of logs.

My mom's birthday was yesterday. I remembered to call her at 9 p.m. Pretty much that's as late as I can call her because she goes to bed so early. I came very close to forgetting her birthday. I had sent her a present a couple weeks ago and a card last week, so it wouldn't be like totally forgetting, but still, I'm sure she'd have felt awful if I forgot to call. I know I would have. I confess I just pretended I was waiting until the kids went to bed (which I might have done anyway had I remembered), but really I just about missed her birthday.

3 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Eeew on the potty! But a t least she is building up fodder for stories to tell her first boyfriend :)

I once forgot my a unt's birthday. I didn't really forget, but I let t ime get away from m e. My dad threw a fit on me and I still feel bad even though it's been like 10 years now.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I'm sure I'd feel bad for many years if I forgot to call my parents or my brother for their birthdays. I need to set up my calendar in Windows Vista Windows Mail to send me reminders for such things.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

I'm glad you remembered in time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home