I ruined dinner
This morning I was starting dinner. I decided to make barbecued beef on a bun. I had browned my beef, mixed my barbecue sauce, combined them in my little crock pot, and turned it on.
Then I pushed it way to the right to make room for my bread machine on the counter next to it. I needed to make whole wheat rolls to use as buns for the beef. When I got the liquid measuring cup out of the cupboard over the crock pot, I accidentally dropped a mug. I looked the mug over carefully, and it was fine.
About half an hour later, I looked at the crock pot and saw it had a large chip in its rim that extended into the top of the pot. I concluded I couldn't guarantee there weren't any ceramic shards in the beef mixture, so I dumped the whole thing, crock pot and all, into the trash once it had cooled.
We still have dinner rolls for dinner, but it's a little hard to come up with a main course. I have a bag of some kind of Bertolli frozen shrimp dinner thing, and I think I'll use it. Sadly, we had shrimp fettuccine for dinner last night, and the kids hated it because they don't like shrimp (which is how I can afford to feed shrimp to five people--the kids only have to eat a shrimp apiece).
I made black bottom cupcakes to go with the dinner. They're sort of ugly, but they taste pretty good when they are cooled off. I warned Mr. K they have dairy in them--a cream cheese/cheesecake like filling.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home