Turn Signal
My car's front turn signal has been working intermittently. I bought a new one when it first went out, but then it came on again. I looked under the hood and at the car's manual and realized I had no idea what I was doing.
Since the police are out in force, I really didn't want to run around with it not always working. I was trying to figure out a time to take my car in to the shop to get it fixed, when my neighbor's friend was over for a visit. He's good with cars, so I asked him if he knew how to change it. He said, "Sure."
I watched him do it, and I never would have guessed how one did it. Had I tried, I probably would have destroyed the whole headlight assembly. Anyway, the replacement bulb came in a two-pack, so I have a spare bulb for the other front turn signal. I now also see how to open up the headlight assembly. I think I can manage it myself next time.
I am delighted to have my car in proper working order again.
It's still got a bit of a problem, though.
I picked up junk left at one of my duplexes, and it included a partial (2/3 full) bottle of charcoal lighting fluid. I was going to keep it for myself, but it wasn't sealed right, and it opened up in my trunk and emptied all over my trunk.
The next morning, the fumes in my car were headache-inducing. I pulled out every smelly thing in the trunk, and that included the carpet-like material spare tire well cover. It is now airing out in my screen porch. I'm covering the spare tire with an old vinyl tablecloth until I get the stench out of the proper cover. I haven't sniffed it in a while, but it may be okay soon. The odor in the car has subsided. When I'm sure it won't come back with the proper cover, I'll put it back.

3 Comments:
It's good that your neighbours mate could show you how it's done..... I wouldn't have a clue. I doubt I'd even think about attempting it.
I hope the lighting fluid smell goes completely.
Hope the smell is gone soon. Seems like it should evaporate fairly quickly.
If we get some warm, sunny weather any time soon, I'll put the cover out in the sun and hope any stink left will go away. The cover still has an area that looks oily, but I haven't smelled it to see if it stinks.
It may be awhile before we warm up a lot since we're buried in nine inches of snow and are looking at record cold temperatures tonight.
Post a Comment
<< Home