Trip to State Park Today
All of us made a trip to a state park today. It's about an hour away. We swam in the lake for a while, had a picnic, rented a couple canoes and had a short hike before we left.
Mr. K has never seen me steer a canoe. I've only canoed with him a couple times, and he always makes me ride up front. Because there were five of us, we needed two canoes. Mr. K took the girls, and I had N. N hasn't been in a canoe since he was two, so he didn't know how to paddle. I tried to show and tell him how, but mostly we were frustrated.
Fortunately canoeing is like riding a bicycle. I had no trouble steering; I just had trouble keeping up with Mr. K. It was a lovely day on to canoe. It was hot without being too hot, and there was a slight breeze. Sometimes the breeze made the paddling harder, but not most of the time. I think we saw three great blue heron.
Someday when N is older, stronger, and knows how to paddle, Mr. K and the girls will have trouble keeping up with us.

2 Comments:
Sounds like a lovely day!
You guys are having a nice summer break.
Post a Comment
<< Home