Sunday, July 12, 2009

My brother is coming!

I got a call this evening from my SIL, asking if they can come over around 10 a.m. tomorrow. I had to ask if she was joking. They live by Detroit, around 700 miles away. Apparently they took a family vacation in their car and didn't tell anyone in my family. They've been to Washington, D.C. and other places, and are staying tonight at a friend of my brother's in a lovely suburb just to the north of Richmond, so they are 20 or 30 minutes away right now.

They have their boys with them. I am so excited. We haven't seen them since last summer when I took my kids home to Michigan for a week. I told my SIL I'd have to spend the evening cleaning my house. She asked if I wanted her to come later in the day. I said NO! Then I'd have to spend that time cleaning instead of seeing them, and I'd like to have the excuse that I didn't have time to clean before they got here so they don't expect too much.

My cleaning style takes after my dad so I don't imagine my SIL expects too much. Last time they visited (six years ago), I still had nasty carpeting in my family room, and her littlest was a baby. She kept him in a playpen the whole time for fear of what he'd catch on my floors.

I can't wait to see my brother! Sometimes I miss him a lot.

3 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger brillywazz said...

Have a great time with your family. I'm sure your house is clean enough but I understand the feeling that you have to clean up..... I do the same thing ;-)

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I had a great time seeing my brother and his family. Our oldest boys had a great time playing together.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

How fun to take a secret vacation! I should do that with Jon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home