None
K had her birthday Saturday. She's four.
J is getting four horseback riding lessons starting tomorrow through our county's parks and recreation program.
N still refuses to have me explain anything to him about where babies come from. He's ten.
My mom is coming for a visit Wednesday and staying a week. My house and yard are a wreck. I was unable to pick things up last week when I was so sick. She'll just have to live with it. I'll wash her sheets tomorrow and get the hide-a-bed ready.
I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. I'll probably read my textbook while I wait.
My accountant got our taxes ready today. They must be postmarked by Thursday. We owe a lot. It looks like we can't write off many thousands of dollars that our rental houses cost us because we are limited in how large a write-off the losses are.
Mr. K has eggs in the incubator and is trying to see if he can get them to hatch.
K goes back to preschool tomorrow and is bringing sugar cookies to celebrate her birthday with her classmates.
Spring break ended today, and N and J attended school again. That was very nice.

8 Comments:
Happy Birthday K. I hope you all had a good day together.
LOL at N. Do they have sex ed at school? Maybe he'd be more comfortable talking to MrK.
My Mum and Dad come next week. I have to clean up L's room so they can actually fit in it.
I hope you don't have to pay to much tax and everything goes well at the dentist.
They do have sex ed at school. I've threatened N (jokingly) that if he won't let me tell him about where babies come from, I'll arrange to sit next to him in school so I can see what it is they teach him. I think it happens in middle school.
He would prefer Mr. K talk to him, but Mr. K never will. If he went and asked Mr. K, I think Mr. K would discuss it, but since N prefers not to know, he'll never bring it up.
Tax was too much. I won't even say how many thousands of dollars I had to write a check for. It appears we are limited to writing off only a small amount of our losses from operating our rental house, but the accountant says we can spread this minimum out over several years until we've used it up. That also happened with our losses in the stock market and the losses in selling the first of our rental houses.
My dentist trip went fine. My teeth are yellowish, but they are generally very good teeth. I only have three fillings. Two of them are in molars that came in with holes in them. They were filled so they wouldn't get cavities. So far so good.
I hope you enjoy your parents' visit.
Also, about taxes, almost 50 percent of American's pay no federal income tax. The entire federal tax burden is picked up by the other 51 (or something close to that) percent of everyone. You'd think this would make me happy that I am in the higher category, but I just feel rather poor (from writing my check) and resentful that half our country doesn't have to pay its fair share. Some people, through refundable tax credits, get back more money than they pay into the system originally out of their paychecks. I call that welfare.
Charity I believe in; federal government welfare programs (entitlements) I do not.
Tax day had got me going, and I'm re-reading Atlas Shrugged.
I need to think about something else because thinking about taxes is just not making me feel better.
It's really sad that I keep sitting here, commenting on my own comments.
This comment has been removed by the author.
MrG tends to talk to D when they're doing something together rather than a sit down talk. He knows how babies are made and how they get out, so does L. Having the dogs has helped a lot and also going out to the farm :-)
MrG tends to tell D to stay away from the girls and so do I. The girls at this age are all boy mad!
I deleted my earlier comment after re-reading what you'd written.
We have the same thing over here. It's easy for businesses to do tax write off's and reclaim their money.
MrG is a 'pay as you go' earner so his wage is taxed each week. His petrol payment isn't taxed each week so we would normally have to put away that money each week. Luckily MrG's company underpay his petrol money so we usually get money back rather than have to pay.
It sucks that you can't write off more of your losses. The only good thing is that this will all turn around again eventually.
Happy Birthday K, i remember back when she was born :) its been a while now hey!
Glad you guys are feeling better!
Post a Comment
<< Home