Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Heat broken

It's only in the low 80s today. My yard is drying up badly. Most of my plants are all droopy or crunchy. We could sure use some rain, but I don't think it's coming any time soon. I'll be watering my garden tonight.

My neighbor, Mr. T, who lives in a shed left last week to stay at a motel that rents by the week. He couldn't take the heat, and now that he qualifies for disability payments, he has a small income. He doesn't pay rent for the shed, so all his money goes to beer, cigarettes, and toys (such as a computer and a video camera, even though he doesn't have electricity).

Anyway, I expect he'll be back soon since the heat has broken. It will start up again this weekend, though. I don't know if he can afford a motel room all summer; probably not.

My cold was much better today; I didn't fall asleep this afternoon, and I was able to go to the gym this morning. We also went to the Mexican bakery, the office, the bank, and the library. The kids are trying to go to the library a lot to do stuff related to the library's summer reading program. We got books and videos. It's keeping them busy.

I'm turning the first two cucumbers from my garden into a cucumber/onion/yogurt/mint salad for dinner. I'll probably be the only one who eats it. I'm also cooking a rabbit in barbecue sauce and am making corn muffins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home