Some Thoughts
Having a lousy draft of something feels far better than having no draft at all. Once the citations are properly in place, the draft seems so much better.
Will the old men who still use handkerchiefs all die out before we return to the use of handkerchiefs in order to save money or feel "green"?
We move forward by going from black and white film to color film, and then to cameras that don't need film at all. Then those cameras come with features that let us take pictures in black and white.
Swanson chicken broth finally came in a can with a pop-top lid so one didn't need an opener. With the recession, I see they have returned to a plain lid. I actually prefer the plain lid. I always had to get a spoon or fork from the silverware drawer to struggle to pry up the pop-top hole in the lid. Now I go to the side of the refrigerator and grab the opener and quickly punch two holes in the lid of the can.
I just got new jeans with 2 % spandex. Boy do they feel great.
Librarians are very helpful.
All dried beans do not taste the same.

3 Comments:
MrG is a hanky user. I personally hate them, always have. Why would you want to carry around a pocket of snot? I'd rather use tissues or toilet paper :-)
I see vinyl records are back in fashion too.
Do people still use those old punch style can openers? Haven't seen one for years :-)
Spandex is a wonderful invention and most librarians are lovely :-)
Since a couple things might be called a can opener, I'll try to describe both things I think might be called a can opener. One attaches to the lip of the can and then goes around the entire edge of the can while I turn the handle. The other is used on one end to puncture cans (such as broth or canned juice) and the other end is used to remove bottle caps. It has no moving parts. How do you open your cans? Your juice cans? Your pop/beer bottles?
I did see a record player with a built-in CD player at the store before. It was jarring. Probably they now do MP3 stuff.
The can opener that goes around the outside of the can is the same. Most canned juice comes with a ring pull top. Slip a finger under the tab and pull backwards to make the whole top come off. Beer in a can has a small ring pull so only a tiny bit of the lid comes off, just enough to drink from. Most beer bottles are twist tops so you unscrew them. Any that aren't need an old fashioned lever style bottle opener.
I might photograph them :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home