Speech Therapy Failure
I took K to see the speech therapist at N and J's school this morning. No matter what I tried to bribe her with (fries, a new Webkins, or whatever she wanted), she refused to talk or draw pictures or to put on the headphones for the hearing test. When asked if she was scared, she nodded her head. When asked if she was embarrassed by her speech, she nodded her head. I told the therapist that at home we sometimes call her "Chatty Kathy." Finally we just rescheduled for next Monday.
At home K told me she was too shy to talk while we were there. I was stunned because all summer she's been talking about getting to go to N and J's school for speech. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get her in for some reason, and she'd be so disappointed.
We did go out and got a sticker book and a little notepad that will be hers if she does what she needs to next Monday.

2 Comments:
Poor thing. I hope she opens up next Monday and you can get her into therapy.
I hope so, too. I don't know how many chances the therapist will give her.
Post a Comment
<< Home