Happy Labor Day!
N and J start school tomorrow. I don't know if they are looking forward to it. N has found out he has a lot of friends in his class. I was disappointed (but he was excited) to learn he has this ADHD-like kid in his class. He had him in his class last year, and it sounded like he was extremely disruptive.
The pool is closed until next summer after today. I have no plans to go there for a last minute swim. The weather has been cooler and less humid (upper 80s).
K goes to N and J's school on Thursday to get screened or evaluated for speech therapy. She has a lot of trouble with words in which more than one consonant form a single sound (sh, ch, th, sch, etc.). It's almost as though she can read to see where those sounds are to mis-reproduce them. Her ls aren't so good either.I am hoping she will get put into speech this year. That way she can be done with it by around the age I finally got N in. N is now finished with speech therapy. It was what his therapist recommended, and he was happy to get out. As far as I can tell, he speaks normally now after three years of help.
Because it was a holiday, Mr. K stayed home from work today. He has a friend over who also does flint knapping. Mr. K watched the kids this morning while I went to the gym. I like going best when I don't have to drag the kids.

4 Comments:
Yeah for back to school. Our kids never know which class they're in until after the school year starts. Classes and teachers can be shuffled around in the first two weeks. I think it's hard to get a class without an ADHD child.
Good luck with the speech therapy, the earlier they start, the better.
Hi Angela, sounds like exciting times in your house. I hope the kids enjoy school and that K gets into speech therapy.
What's flint knapping?
And what do the kids normally do while you're at the gym? Is there a play area there?
Angela I keep forgetting to ask, what happened with your bees this summer? Do you still have the hives?
Flint knapping is making arrowhead, spearpoints, and knife blades by hand out of rocks (banging them together).
We do have bees. I don't know how many colonies are strong, but Mr. K extracted honey in July. Last year he got none.
Post a Comment
<< Home