Fall
Most of the leaves have fallen off the trees now, but some are still left. This picture is from last week. It's of the Japanese maple in my front yard, among other things. It's beautiful in the spring and fall. It came with the house. They're expensive so I doubt I'd have purchased one had it not come with the house.
All the kids go to school tomorrow. It will be the only time this week K goes and the last time N and J go this week. I'm not sure what we'll do this week, but plans have changed. We were supposed to go to a friend's house for Thanksgiving, but they called to cancel this morning. Their daughter has just broken up with her long-time boyfriend and it sounds like things are just chaos for the family.
I bought a turkey on sale for 29 cents a pound since I spent over $50 at the supermarket. I figured for less than $6, it was a bargain. I was going to save it for some other time. Now the girls are asking for it for Thanksgiving dinner. I guess I should get it out of the freezer and start thawing it so it will be closer to ready by Thursday morning. Mr. K will do the pumpkin pies Wednesday night. He usually does if I buy him frozen crust and the rest of the ingredients. I got some Stove Top stuffing on sale last week (including turkey-flavored). It's not as good as homemade stuffing, but it sure is easy. I think I have a can of cranberry sauce left from last year. I love that stuff. So, anyway, I need to round up the fixings for an entire Thanksgiving dinner.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home