None again
N just finished reading A Wrinkle in Time. I haven't read that book in years, but I liked it a lot.
I got a postcard in the mail from the friend I sometimes meet for lunch. She sent it from Australia. I think she'll be back next week. She'll be gone for about three weeks. She and her husband are taking a trip to Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji. They don't have kids and never will, hence the fantastic vacation. I don't even have a passport.
The elections came out okay, but there is always room for improvement. If the Republicans don't screw things up, we may be able to pull the country back from the brink of socialism in a couple years. Trusting them not to screw up, though is about impossible. If they're not already bought off by special interest groups, they will be soon enough.
N and I got new Mazin Hamsters for our Webkinz. J was crying because she doesn't have even one yet. She asked me through her tears if I will teach her to clean the kitchen every evening since I've told her before if she can put everything back in order (dishes, counter, sink, floor sweeping) so that I don't need to be involved, I'll pay her a dollar an evening. I bet I spend over half an hour doing it some evenings. She wants the money so she can buy her own Mazin Hamster.
My first day of "Stay and Play" at K's preschool was today. I sure got through a lot more material with the extra couple hours of K not being home. That's good because the assignments keep piling up.

3 Comments:
Whereabouts in Australia is your friend going?
Your govt is as interesting as ours and Englands :-) We live in interesting times :-)
I don't know where my friend went. Part of the postmark was cut off, but it might have been Alice Springs. She says she's snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef (not sure where that is) and went to Karanda Village (where she held a koala bear). She also wrote something about a red rock, but h er writing is pretty bad.
I think it's an ancient Chinese curse to wish upon someone that they live in interesting times.
LOL :-) Yeah it is a curse but I don't mean it that way. I really think we're livivng in interesting times. We can see the world changing.
Also had to laugh at you saying that your friend wrote something about a red rock. That was probably Uluru.... it's a pretty big rock. I think it's the worlds largest rock :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home