Saturday, November 20, 2010

N and K just left for a camping trip. N is a Webelo II (final year Cub Scout), and the Boy Scout troop connected with this Cub Scout pack invited the Webelos (I and II) on a camping trip that has a Thanksgiving Feast. They cook the turkey baked in clay over hot coals. The girls and I could show up for dinner, but the place is over an hour away so we'll just stay home. It looks like tonight's low is 40 °F so it won't be much fun to be camping, but I've survived colder. I think on a Girl Scout trip I did one September in Michigan we hit 27 °F. Any time it's been colder than that, I've been in a cabin and not a tent.

I guess it's about deer hunting season. I think we have a lot longer of a season here in Virginia, but my mom in Michigan has been telling me about all the mornings her husband has taken off to try to get a deer. He's over 80 and still likes to hunt.

My class is still keeping me very busy, but it's over in less than a month. I've signed up to take the final exam on December 15 at the college's testing center. That will be it, but I'm taking the second part of the class next semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home